Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Our Trip to the Museum

I was so excited to hop on the bus.  My hands were shaking like a spinning machine.


One Monday Room 7, 8, and 5 went to the Auckland Museum. We got there a little late. Our first activity was to learn about migration. Our instructors told us a little story about migration. I learnt that the tapa is very important because the Cook Islands sleep on it and give it away as gifts. After that we made some tapa with paper and crayons. We had a board with a pattern on it and we had to trace around it with the crayons. The cook islands use a drum as a sign to call people over. Our next activity was to learn about the islands and why people migrate. We leant that the boat and the tapa was made out of coconut husk. The boat can only work if it is not stormy. We played a game. There were holes in the wood and we had to connect strings in it and the first person to get it in wins. We also had to make holes in the wood without using any electricity. After that we had a race, the first one to stop doing it would lose. We had lunch outside the museum. I was hopping up and down when I heard we were going to explore the whole museum. My favourite part was when we went to the volcano. It looked like a real home when we went in. It was talking to us about being prepared when there is a volcanic eruption happening. It was scary when the room shaked and  the lights went on and off. My second favourite part was when we went in the elevator. I felt a little bit dizzy. I liked going to the sea creatures. In the sea creatures area we saw a guinni pigs, fishes, starfish, and a crab. My legs were so tired from walking around the area. I enjoyed going to the museum.




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice recount Nesi. You have included lots of details about the trip. I got a big fright in the volcano room!

Post a Comment