Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey ( Day 1 Activity 1 )


Today the winter learning journey starts. If you don't know what that is, it's a website where you read stories and facts and you you have to do the activity. For each thing you do you earn point. Lots of manakalani schools participate and there will be a top 3 from each school. Those top three people earn a gift basket full of goodies. This terms topic was the Ancient Olympics. Thank you to Rachel for organizing this program as it helps our learning a lot in a fun way. 

Activity 1: 

If  I was in the Olympics back then I would choose Equestrian races out of  running, wrestling, boxing, pankration,  horse racing and pentathlon. I would choose horse racing because it would mean I'm trying new things, giving things a go, participating in events I don't usually do. Imagine riding a horse? Imagine all the new tricks you can do? I have always wanted to ride a horse , which of course I haven't yet but if I was competing in the Olympics my first choice would we Equestrian races. I also want to do horse races because I could learn new things about it and I could teach other people how to do it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nesi,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the lovely message that you wrote in your introduction to this blog post. It is my absolute pleasure to work with the students at our Manaiakalani cluster schools over the holidays. I think that you are all quite special and very deserving of a fun blogging programme. I hope that it will keep you interested and learning over the break!

I also wanted to acknowledge your bravery in choosing equestrian events for the Olympics. I think that you have made a great choice! It is never easy to try something new but it usually helps us to develop great new skills and increases our confidence. I always try one new thing per year. This year it is going to be ziplining. I'm a bit scared of heights so it could be quite a challenge!

Have you ever gone ziplining?

Cheers, Rachel

Nesi said...

Hi Rachel,

First of all your welcome. I am really grateful for this program because I dont want to stop learning. When I went to camp I tried getting over my fear which was heights. Then I went on the ramp blindfolded on my first go and that was how I got rid of my fear for heights. When you put your mind to the task you can do anything. Thank you.

aminiasi said...

Hello Nesi, first I like how you explained what the Winter Journey is and why you are doing it. Second I like how your choice was to do horse racing because you said that you would want to try something different.

Harry said...

Hi Nesi
I like how you explained what you were doing and what olympic you would chose. Maybe you should add why you didn't want to chose the other olympics. Good luck to you and everyone else who is doing this.

Post a Comment