Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Archery


In the picture I ( the one holding the red arrow ) am playing archery with my activity group at camp. I was lucky enough to have a real game of archery at camp. When I picked up the bow and arrow it felt so heavy compared to the ones I play with at home. My fingers got really tired and sore from just holding the handle. I was pretty nervous as it was my first time but later on I just wanted to have more and more tries at it. Me and my friends were having a competition to see who will aim the arrow in the middle of the target. Unfortunately I missed the target by inches but I was still proud of myself at the end for giving things a go. Maybe next time I could take archery lessons ( if thats even a thing ) or keep trying so I can aim at the right place.

3 comments:

Mia said...

Hey Nesi
You were really smart using a picture from camp last year. I really have to say that , that bow is really big comparing mine to your bow it's probably quarter of the size.

Harry said...

Hi Nesi. I was confused when I saw a picture of you from camp then I saw the labels and realized this was a picture for one of the activities. Keep up the great work and good luck to all of you doing this.

Unknown said...

Hi Nesi,

I think that it was a great idea to use a picture from camp. It worked perfectly for this activity and it allowed you to showcase yourself doing a sport using the proper equipment. Excellent idea!

I am impressed that you and your group tried archery at camp. It is not an easy sport! I have only tried it a couple of times but my hands also got sore and tired so I can completely relate to you. I know that it is possible to take lessons but I'm not sure if they are offered anywhere in Auckland. I will have to keep my eyes out and see if I can find any information about it. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Cheers, Rachel

Post a Comment