Pages

Friday 15 July 2016

Raising Money Ideas

Activity 2: It is very expensive for each of the Paralympic athletes to fly from New Zealand to Rio de Janeiro to compete.  Most athletes have to fund-raise in order to make the money that they need to go on the big trip. Recently, Harvey Norman announced that they will be helping to raise funds for the New Zealand Paralympic team. What could you do to help raise funds to support our amazing Paralympic athletes? On your blog, list 2 different ways in which you, your family or friends could raise money to support the athletes.

In the paragraph above it explains what we had to do for the activity. If I had to fundraiser money to help the Paralympic Games I would:

Sell baked or drinks out:
I would make a lemonade stand and sell some lemonade because I have a lemon tree which means I'm not wasting any money on buying stuff to make money. ( Hoped that makes sense ) I would also sell cookies or bread because my family works for a bread company and always give us some so it would be thoughtful to sell some of those. Another thing I would do is do sausage sizzles as a family thing near the fields and that because lots of people get hungry around there.

Offer to do chores for neighbors:
I would ask my neighbors to do some chores around the house ( especially the one that lives nearby because they are getting old ) like washing the dishes, taking the clothes out and hanging on the clothes line, and folding the clothes away. I would also do some gardening because that job is really hard work which means more money. 

Here are the things I would do to earn money.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nesi,

Great thinking! You have provided us with more than two ideas. I love it!

I also love the idea of raising money by selling lemonade made from the lemons in your yard. That is a fabulous plan. You will be able to make more money if you don't have to spend much money to prepare the product in the first place. Good thinking ;-)

I also like the idea of going chores for your neighbours and hosting a sausage sizzle. They are always so popular!

Thanks for sharing your creative and thoughtful ideas with us, Nesi. The next time I have to host a fundraiser I'm going to come to you for inspiration!

Cheers, Rachel :)

Post a Comment