Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

Shaun Johnson

I would choose Shaun Johnson to host the Olympics because he would be a great person for others to look up to. I also think he is a great leader and shows team spirit while playing. I also chose him because I wanted to be different because people choose the person because of how they look. e.g: If your a girl, that girl would choose someone because they are girl. ( I hope that makes sense ). I also chose him because he has been playing rugby for about 2 or 3 years which means he no quitter and he always try his best. He would be the perfect host because most people look up to him ( mostly boys because they like rugby most ) as a leader. 

Here was the activity we got given:
In the opening ceremony for the London Olympics there were a number of famous English people including the Queen, the Spice Girls, David Bowie, U2, the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney. Imagine that we were going to host the Olympics here in New Zealand in 2024 and you were invited to be on the committee that decides who is invited to participate in the opening ceremonies. As a member of the group you must choose one of the following people to be in the opening ceremony: Richie McCaw (rugby player), Lorde (singer), Kane Williamson (cricket player), Maria Tutaia (netball player), John Key (prime minister of New Zealand) or Shaun Johnson (league player). On your blog, tell us who you think is the best person to choose and explain why you think that they are the best choice!

3 comments:

Mia said...

Hi Nesi
I really like how you explained why girls pick girl leaders and boy pick boys leaders then you changed it up a bit. I think Shaun Johnson is a great host that will be just as good as those other great leaders like Richie MacCaw, Maria Tutaia and many more .

Great Job
Mia

aminiasi said...

Hello Nesi
I like how you chose a boy leader instead of a girl because you said that girls normally choose girls and boys normally choose boys.

Unknown said...

Hi Nesi,

You have made a really interesting point about gender preferences in your post. It certainly made me think about who I would have chosen and whether it would have been a girl or a boy. I think that I might have opted for a girl just because I am a girl. Hmmm, you have really made me think.

Thanks, Nesi!

(As an aside, I think that Shaun Johnson is a great option for the opening ceremony representative. He is really talented and really dedicated to his sport. Good thinking!)

Cheers, Rachel :)

Post a Comment