Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Modern Pentathlon


For this activity I had to research a sport from the Olympics that I have never heard of. We then had to write a short explanation of what the sport is and include the name of the sport, the aim of the sport and 2 rules for the sport. The sport I picked was modern pentathlon, some of the words looked familiar but I had no idea what the sport was. In this sport there are 5 activities included. The 5 activities are swimming, fencing, horse riding, and shooting and running. I found this sport really interesting because you get to dot lots of sports in one sport. This sport is played by both men and women. The rules for swimming in this sport is that competitors must race in heats over 200m in freestyle, earning points according to there time.  The rules for horse riding is they compete in a show jumping competition trying to clear 12 obstacles over a 350 - 400m course before the race.


3 comments:

Mia said...

Hey Nesi
You have made a fantastic DLO about Modern Pentathlon. I never knew that there were more than three sports played in the game. I really like the picture you have on your display.

Nice Job
Mia

Harry said...

Hi Nesi. I like your DLO about Modern Pentathlon, it seems like you would need to train harder than usual since there is more than one activity. Keep up the great work and good luck.

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous DLO, Nesi. I completely agree with Mia. It is informative, colourful and well put together. I think that it really clearly represents the sport of 'Modern Pentathlon.' If you had to complete in this event, which aspect of the sport would you be best at? I thin kthat I would be best at the swimming (and worst at the horse riding). What about you?

Keep up the great work. You are showing wonderful creativity and commitment to the learning journey. Awesome work!

Cheers, Rachel :)

Post a Comment